Thursday, August 30, 2007

Good in Bed

In anticipation of the spring 2008 publication of her next book, Certain Girls, I read Jennifer Weiner's Good in Bed. I started reading Weiner with Little Earthquakes and I loved Goodnight, Nobody, and I always meant to go back and read her first two books (just like how I got hooked on Jane Green with her third, Bookends, and still haven't gone back and read her first two). Certain Girls, which follows Cannie, seemed like the perfect reason.

I knew what to expect from a Jennifer Weiner book--thrilling wonderfulness, a delight to read, something that I would just be enveloped by. I was not disappointed. This book started out innocently enough, and I thought it would be the regular story of girl loves boy, girl breaks out with boy, girl eventually gets back together with boy. No way did I know I was in for a baby and Hollywood. Somehow (and I'm not really sure how) these events and situations seem totally believable at Weiner's hand. Perhaps what I liked most was how these plot developments surprised me and enriched the story.

I am now in love with Cannie, and I cannot wait to read what befalls her next.

K

No comments: