Thursday, April 5, 2007

so many books, so little time

Today I finished Class Mothers by Katherine Stewart. Short and sweet about rich moms in Manhattan. I didn't like the ending though, where one character's resolution is to be a private investigator. That just seems a little to far-fetched. Otherwise pretty good, if you want something totally breezy.

And now I've found several titles I'd like to read, but I think I'm going to start with The Same Sweet Girls by Cassandra King. I haven't read The Sunday Wife by her, but I know that is a popular book group selection. This story about Southern women reuniting every summer reminds me of the YaYa books and Deborah Smith. I love good Southern stories--makes me want to move to North Carolina! (But that probably isn't considered the Deep South.) Cathy Kelly, you are next.

K

No comments: