Monday, January 7, 2008

The Rest of Her Life

After finishing My Sister's Keeper, I could hardly return to my typical breezy chick lit novels, so I searched for something a bit more serious. I read The Rest of Her Life by Laura Moriarty. Since nothing could ever compare to My Sister's Keeper, this book was a disappointment, but when viewed independently, it was an okay book. This novel follows the story of what happens to a family when the daughter accidentially kills another student while driving. The daughter is obviously scarred and irrevocably changed, but the novel spends too much time on the mom and what she is thinking and flashbacks to her damaging childhood. It was just too depressing, too devoid of hope and optimism. I didn't really enjoy it, and wasted time finishing it.

K

No comments: