Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I Do, But I Don't

Over the holidays, I read a breezy chick lit novel, I Do, (But I Don't) by Cara Lockwood. Lauren is a wedding planner who meets and falls for a handsome firefighter. There are many twists and turns in the story as to how the two eventually get together (come on, I didn't ruin anything by saying that, you knew it was going to happen). The book is peppered with stories of crazy brides and weddings gone awry. At the beginning, the story seemed exactly like the film The Wedding Planner, so if you liked that movie, you should read this book. In fact, you can watch a film based on this book that was made for Lifetime.

It wasn't the most serious book in the world, but I considered it research for the wedding planning uberbusiness Kim and I will someday have.

K

No comments: