Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Beach House

After I regretfully said goodbye to the characters in Things I Want My Daughters to Know, I was eager to start the newest Jane Green book, The Beach House.

I adore Jane Green books. Each of her novels has been stellar. I have been known to obsessively check the library catalog for new publications. Now that I am a fiction selector, I get to read the advance listings and know even earlier.

But, back to The Beach House. An eccentric older woman owns a huge mansion on the beach, which she turns into a bed and breakfast to keep from losing the house to the bank. People from different walks of life come to stay, ending with the requisite romance and parent/child affirmations.

As much as I was looking forward to it, this Green disappointed. I didn't care about the characters as much as I normally do. Oh well, I'm sure the next one will be great.

K

No comments: