Monday, November 17, 2008

Time of My Life

Recently, I finished Time of My Life by Alison Winn Scotch. This little gem made it's way to me right when I needed it--it's a beautiful thing when a book you've been waiting for makes its way to you when you are just finishing another (maybe it's just librarians who feel this way)!

Jill is a suburban wife and mother, bored with her marriage but filled with joy for her little girl. One day after a particularly deep massage, she wakes up seven years in the past, dating her old boyfriend, the one who got away. Possessing the gift of hindsight, she avoids the pitfalls that tripped her up the first time around, excelling at work and nurturing her relationship, thinking that she will change her life completely. But traveling to the past doesn't always fix everything--she realizes her old boyfriend really isn't the one for her, and she seeks out her future husband who she's been bumping into, falling in love with him all over again.

This was a fantastic chick lit book that truly answers "What if...?" I don't usually like time-travel (a typical component of science fiction novels, which I detest), but I realized halfway through, this is not the first time-travel chick lit book I've enjoyed--see The Boy I Loved Before by Jenny Colgan.

K

No comments: